Access problem

Home Forums Problems & Issues Access problem

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Zafer

Hi. I’m having a problem. I installed 32bit EasyNAS ona 40GB IDE drive and added one by one empty HDDs as a jbod via cheap raid card. Everything was fine. When I finished the raid card’s sata ports, I continued to add HDDs onto the mainboard’s sata ports with the same jbod array. When It’s finished the last 2TB SATA drive’s balancing or something, the system crashed with the full datas on the hard drives. In the boot section, there was an error. With Control-D or enter. I removed the 40GB IDE OS drive and re-installed the system to the new 80GB Sata HDD. Now I see my drives there and used. But my mounted volume can be seen as unmounted. There’a a chain icon on it. I’d like to learn can I access my datas? If I loose them, it will be very sad for me. I did not mount them yet, in case of losing array and containing data. Can you help me?

Thank you.

#9752 Reply
    yariv
    Keymaster

Hi Zafer,

I’m sorry about your bad experience with EasyNAS,
    the good news is all of your data is still available. you just need to mount the file system and all the volumes and files will be back.
    you will need to reconfigure all the addons and users.

Yariv.

#9755 Reply
    Zafer

Thank you.
    In the mount file system setting, it’s showing as default, “Raid 1”. So I guess I need to keep it at the JBOD before mount right?

#9864 Reply
    yariv
    Keymaster

yes

#9925 Reply
    Zafer

Thank you. I’ll try my best.

#10007 Reply
    Haresh Veera

Hi,
    I am not able to set Network IP Manually, As soon as I set Manual IP, I loose the Remote Connection for the same, In Gateway it says “kernal” and doesn’t allow to enter it manually, Hence cant monitor remotely if IP is set manually.
    Regards
    Haresh Veera

#10032 Reply
    Zafer

Hello again. During my problem, I tried as you mentioned to mount again. I even installed the new version. But when I try to mount the file system in order to get my data back, system always says failed to mount. Any more suggestions?

Thank you.

#10034 Reply
    yariv
    Keymaster

there are few things to can do:
    1. try to scrub filesystem it might fix the issue.

2. from command line run: btrfs check –repair

I hope this helps.
    Yariv

#10035 Reply
    Zafer

OK, with my limited linux knowledge and with a little help from a friend I can say :

First, scrub didn’t work. And I cannot run the command btrfs check –repair because,
    there’s no partition on my data disks (/dev/sda, /dev/sdb, … , /dev/sdf)

ex : btrfs check –repair /dev/sda1, btrfs check –repair /dev/sda.

And when I run the fdisk /dev/sda command, there’s another error message about the btrfs.

Any more suggestions?

Thank you.

Zafer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Access problem
Your information: